Marketing Your Business on the Internet
The advantages and disadvantages of marketing your business on the internet Today, most people are relying on the internet to make purchase decisions. Considering this fact, internet marketing is more effective than before. With regular and more affordable communications, you will use internet market to build relationships with your potential customers and the existing ones. If you aren’t satisfied, then consider the following advantages and disadvantages of internet marketing.
The advantages of internet marketing – It is cheaper Marketing products through physical retail outlets is more expensive than marketing them through the internet. With internet marketing, you shouldn’t expect any rental costs or costs related to property maintenance. In addition, there will be no need of filing shelves or windows with stock.
You will also have the opportunity of keeping the cost of inventory lower.
– More convenient store hours Internet marketing provides you with a chance of keeping your business open for 24 hours in a day without having to worry about overtime payments to your staff. Your clients will also be able to purchase your product at any time of the day and from any place.
– Internet marketing is customizable Internet marketing allows you to personalize offers for different classes of your customers. To do this, you only need to build a profile of their buying history and preferences. With this data, you will also increase your customers.
– With internet marketing you will benefit from social media The importance of social media is highly growing. With internet marketing, you will easily leverage this. According to a study that the Harvard Business School conducted, people who rely on social media for marketing purposes are able to increase their sales with over 5%.
– Helps build relationships The internet is a vital tool when it comes to retaining customers and building stronger relationships with them. By simply sending follow up emails to thank your customers and to confirm transactions, you will start building good relationships. To maintain the relationship and to offer more personal touch, email them from time to time with customized offers.
– Helps reach more people With internet, distance isn’t a limitation. You can sell your products in any region. To do this, you won’t need any distributors but you would need an internet company such as one here www.johnnychenseo.com
– More reliable technology The reliable technology which powers the web will enable you to host your business online. Moreover, the technology is becoming more reliable and sophisticated with time. So, with high quality technology online, all your emails will go to your target audience instantly. This is contrary to what you expect with traditional mailing which takes several days – or even weeks – to deliver mail to the right destination. marketing vs advertising The disadvantages of internet marketing – Limited face to face contact This is the primary drawback of internet marketing. Most companies that conduct their business online solely rarely build strong personal relationships with their customers. As a result, they lose some of them to traditional competitors.
– Marketing complexity Due to its virtual nature, internet marketing is more complex. Most beginners are unable to select the most ideal online marketing techniques. Customers also go through a hard time when shopping online. As a matter of fact, most uniformed consumers stick to the conventional buying – they rarely engage in online shopping. Sources advertising promotions and marketing manager